High School Department

High School Building

The High School Department opened in School Year 1947-1948 with only 268 students at its former site at  Del Pilar Street. The first principal was Emiliano V. Ortiz.

After 12 years, the Evening Department opened to accommodate students who could not attend the morning classes, including working students, high school dropouts who wished to continue their schooling, and those who would like to complete their academic deficiencies.

In 1975, the High School Department transferred to Cushman Campus in the present Computer Studies Building.

In School Year 1994-1995, the Department transferred to its own three-story concrete building thru the initiative of the principal at that time, Prof. Erlinda S. Briones.

Since change is known to begin with every individual, the Department recognizes the importance of building a person’s Christian values. All of these are in line with the major objectives of the Department: to develop students’ character into one that will exemplify a true Christian by knowing and accepting Jesus Christ as one’s personal Savior and Lord; to provide knowledge, experiences, and skills that will help the students meet the challenges of the 21st century and uplift the quality of life; to culture and develop special talents and interests of students in art and sciences; and to prepare students to become service oriented.

The High School Department has undergone a series of accreditations conducted by the Association of Christian Schools, Colleges and Universities Accrediting Agency, Inc. (ACSCU-AAI). The first was in 1983 when it was granted a three-year accredited status. This was pioneered by Prof. Corazon T. Cleto, the principal at that time. It was the first accredited private high school in Nueva Ecija and in Central Luzon. The second was in 1986 resulting in another three-year accredited status. In 1989, it received the same acceditation status. For the next 15 years, from 1992 to 2007, the department enjoyed Level II Accredited Status. At present, it is the first Level III high school in the country accredited by ACSCU-AAI.

By virtue of Provisional Permit No. 056 s. 2015, Wesleyan University–Philippines was granted the right to operate Senior High School Program (Grades 11 and 12) beginning school year 2016-2017 with the Academic and Technical-Vocational tracks as its initial offerings.

Aside from the K to 12 high school curriculum, the Department also offers Special Education (SPED) to hearing/speaking-impaired students through the Support for the Handicapped and their Rehabilitation through Education (SHARE) Program.

law-offering.jpg
vhinson-1.jpg